Use a whole flounder per person if small or share a large one between two. The flavours are kept simple to highlight the flounder.
Serves: 4. Chef: John Campbell
1 whole small flounder, per person
1 dsp cumin seeds
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cajun spice
30ml Lupi Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Ciabatta, char-grilled on the bbq
Green salad, to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl mix the spices together to make a rub.
3. Slice two cuts into the flesh on both sides of the fish and rub in the spices, drizzle with olive oil and set aside for up to 10 minutes.
4. When the oven is hot place the fish in the oven, black skin up and grill for about 5-7 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
5. Once fish is cooked, remove from the oven and serve on a platter with a splash of olive oil, char-grilled bread, salad and salsa.
½ preserved lemon, finely chopped
20gm coriander, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1. Mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl with a splash of olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper.