Serves 4 to 6 people. Recipe by Seafood School chef: John Campbell
50ml Lupi Extra Virgin Olive oil
200gm chicken thigh, chunky diced
200gm chorizo sausage, sliced
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 green capsicum, sliced
300gm long grain rice
500ml chicken stock
2 pinches saffron
200ml white wine
Salt & pepper
100gm squid tubes
100gm white fish fillet
12 raw prawn cutlets
1 dozen cockles or clams – if available
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Heat a 3 litre shallow pot with half the oil, seal the chicken and chorizo sausage.
- Sweat the onion garlic and the sliced capsicums.
- Now add the rice and move/stir it around the pan.
- Add the stock at 5 minute intervals, also add the saffron, white wine, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook this out on the stove for about 15 minutes.
- Now add all the seafood and stir.
- Now add the cockles on top off the rice then place a lid on the pot and cook in the oven a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add a little seasoning if needed, garnish with chopped Italian parsley and serve from the pot at the table.