Serves 4. Recipe by Seafood School Head Chef: Paulie Hooton
500gm mixed Cloudy bay clams
½ cup Lupi extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup white wine
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in ½
1 tsp red chilli flakes
¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
Sea salt/ black pepper
1 small baguette
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Season generously with salt and add the linguine, cooking until tender but al dente, 5-7 minutes.
- As the pasta cooks, get started on the sauce. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil with the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden.
- Add the clams and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomatoes, and chilli flakes and stir.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until the clams open and the liquid has reduced and thickened slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, remove and reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the linguine. Add the pasta to the clams and sauce and toss in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss until the pasta is evenly coated. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water a little at a time.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes and then serve immediately with crunchy baguette.