A light and refreshing smoked fish recipe with the bite of lemon and caperberry.
Serves: 4. Chef: Paulie Hooton
500gm freshly smoked fish
300gm Agria potato, cut into quarters
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tomato, cut into quarters
½ cup caper berry
½ cup gherkins, sliced
½ avocado, sliced
¼ cup baby spinach
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp Lupi Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tsp sugar
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender. This should take about 10 -15 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a medium pan, season potatoes and gently cook to colour in a hot pan, once coloured and crispy, take off heat and allow to cool.
- For the dressing combine lemon juice, sugar and olive oil, mix together thoroughly.
- For the salad, in a large bowl add all of the salad ingredients, lemon dressing and add half the fish and mix together.
- Check seasoning. Divide evenly into serving bowls and top with remaining smoked fish.