Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
450gm smoked fish
500ml velouté, recipe below
100gm butter diced
2 tbsp Lupi Extra Virgin Olive oil
½ red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 cup corn kernels
½ cup white wine
¼ cup parsley
Salt and cracked pepper
½ cup tasty cheese, grated
450ml dashi stock
½ cup potato starch
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- To make the veloute (white sauce) in a small saucepan heat the dashi (fish) stock. In another pot melt the butter and add the potato flour, mix well together then add the hot fish stock and stir vigorously making sure there are no lumps. Add the 200ml of milk and stir. Once you have a smooth (no lumps) sauce take off heat and set aside.
- To make the kumara mash, bring kumara to the boil in a pot of salted water, cook until soft then drain and mash. Add butter and season to taste.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion, thyme and garlic until softened but not coloured. Add corn kernels, white wine and smoked fish.
- Chop up parsley and add to the warm velouté. Stirring until thick and smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Add ½ grated cheese to velouté then mix with smoked fish and corn mixture.
- Spoon into bowls and top with kumara mash.
- Sprinkle each kumara topped pie with a little extra grated cheese and grill or bake in a hot oven for 5-10 minutes until golden and bubbling.