The key is to use the freshest NZ salmon you can find.
Serves: 4. Chef: Steve Roberts.
Photo: Jason Burgess
480gm salmon fillet, very fresh
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 -3 firm ripe vine tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced
2 tbsp crème fraîche
2 shallots, finely diced
4 tbsp chives, finely chopped
80gm micro leaves
4 slices brioche
• Carefully dice the salmon and transfer to a bowl. Toss with the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and cover, allow to marinate in the fridge up to 30 minutes.
• Place the tomatoes in a separate bowl add the shallots, tomatoes and chives.
• Add the salmon to the mix and fold through the crème fraîche and check seasoning.
• To finish thinly slice the cucumber and arrange on a serving plate in a circle.
• Arrange salmon tartare in the centre and garnish with micro leaves.
• Serve with toasted brioche.