Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
600gm monkfish fillets skinned and boned
500gm baby potatoes (perla)
¼ cup semi dried tomatoes sliced
20 ml balsamic vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt/ black pepper
1 lemon wedged
- Preheat the oven to 210c fan bake.
- Season the monkfish with some salt and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Cook the potatoes in well-salted boiling water until tender. While the potatoes are cooking, heat the 30ml of olive oil in a large, ovenproof frying pan.
- Add monkfish to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes, turning it 3 or 4 times, until nicely browned on all sides.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through but still moist and juicy in the centre. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them well and return them to the pan with some extra virgin olive oil. Gently crush each potato against the side of the pan with the back of a fork until it just bursts open. Season with salt and pepper, add semi dried tomatoes, any juices from the fish and gently mix, add the rocket so it wilts and combines.
- Cut the monkfish across into thick slices.
- Spoon the crushed potatoes on to 4 warmed plates and put the monkfish on top and dress with olive oil and balsamic with lemon wedges