A twist on the sushi roll – popular at the moment, quinoa gives a nutty flavour that works so well for a quick and healthy meal with tuna and fresh vegetables.
Serves: 4. Chef: Steve Roberts
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp mirin
1 tsp sake
300gm white quinoa, rinsed
500ml vegetable stock
6 nori sheets
200gm tuna, fresh, sushi grade, sliced lengthways
1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled/seeds removed and julienne
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled & julienne
5 spinach leaves, washed & finely sliced
20gm fresh coriander leaf, picked
50gm pickled ginger
Kikkoman soya sauce to serve
1. Place rice wine vinegar, mirin and sake in a bowl, mix well to combine
2. Place the quinoa and vegetable stock in a saucepan, bring to the boil, turn down heat and cover. Cook 12-15 minutes, remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
3. Combine the vinegar with the cooked quinoa and gently fold through.
4. Place a nori sheet on a sushi mat. Spread around half a cup of quinoa over each nori sheet.
5. Arrange the filling through the middle (a little of each and to your liking) and roll up to create a sushi roll. Slice into rounds and serve with pickled ginger and soya sauce.