Post by: Jo Cooper
03 May 2017
Categories: Prawn Recipes
Chef Mark Dronjak shared this dumpling recipe in his recent ‘Friday Night Market’s’ cooking class.
Serves: 4. Chef: Mark Dronjak
250gm pork mince (lean)
250gm prawn meat, finely diced
6 garlic chives, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
50ml hoisin sauce
1 packet dumpling wrappers
1 large carrot
1-2 spring onion
½ red capsicum
½ yellow capsicum
1. Place the pork mince and finely diced prawn meat in a suitable bowl and mix well with chives, garlic, ginger and hoisin.
2. Place dumpling wrappers on a board and brush edges with a little water. Place a teaspoon of the pork/prawn mixture into the middle of each wrapper and fold in half. Crimp edges together using thumb and forefinger.
3. Peel and slice the carrot into very fine julienne. Slice the spring onion into very thin slices lengthways on a long bias. With the red and yellow capsicum, remove seeds and core, lay flat and slice in half. Slice very finely into strips. Add the vegetables to a bowl of iced water and set aside until ready to use. When ready to use drain well.
4. Heat a suitable pan with a little vegetable oil and fry the dumplings on one side until golden. Turn and after one minute pour in ½ cup water and steam until water has evaporated.
5. Serve with a Nam Jim dipping sauce on a bed of vegetable ribbons.
Nam Jim dipping sauce
1 or 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, rough chop
1-2 spring onion, rough chop
1 lime, zested
1 lime, juiced
4 tbsp peanut oil
Good splash fish sauce
3 tbsp grated palm sugar
Good handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until almost smooth.