This quick & tasty prawn pasta recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal when time is limited. Chef Mark Southon created it for his recent ‘Fast & Fresh’ cooking class.
Serves: 4. Chef: Mark Southon
150gm pasta (Linguine or Spaghetti), cooked in salted boiling water
20 raw prawn cutlets
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 chilli, finely chopped
100ml white wine
100ml Foundation Foods fish stock
200ml Foundation Foods chicken stock
A few saffron threads or extract
Salt and lemon to taste
3 basil leaves, chopped
1. In a pan sweat the shallots until soft in a little olive oil. Then add the garlic and half of the chilli. Cook for a further minute on a medium heat, then deglaze the pan with the white wine.
2. Reduce the wine (liquid) by half then add the fish and chicken stock and reduce until only a third left. Add the cream and saffron and reduce until thickened.
3. Season with salt, lemon and basil leaves, then add the cooked pasta to warm through and then spoon into a bowl.
4. Fry the prawn cutlets in a little olive oil in a hot pan for 1 minute then turn. Add the remaining chilli and cook for a further minute.
5. Remove prawns from the pan and arrange over the pasta and serve.