Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
16 large prawns
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp chilli powder
Sea salt and black pepper
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
30ml lime juice 1 cup cooked rice, to serve
1 avocado, mashed, to serve
¼ cucumber, diced, to serve
¼ lettuce, sliced, to serve
¼ cup coriander, to garnish
Black bean and corn relish
2 corn cobs, peeled, kernels removed
½ cup coriander, coarsely chopped
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 cup black beans
30ml lime juice
60ml Lupi Extra virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
2 tbsp chipotle sauce
1 tbsp garlic powder
30ml lime juice
1 cup sour cream
1 lemon, ½ zested (for cream) ½ cut into wedges (for serving)
- Place prawns, cumin, allspice, ½ tsp chilli powder and 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir to combine.
- For chipotle cream, mix all ingredients together in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- For the relish, in a saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the corn for 1-2 minutes until tender, drain and refresh.
- In a bowl combine the corn kernels with coriander, spring onion, black beans, lime juice and a little olive oil, season to taste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add onion, garlic, tomatoes, lime juice and remaining chilli powder and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Cook prawns in a large pan for 4-5 minutes until cooked through, then transfer prawns to the tomato mixture, toss to combine well.
- Serve the prawns in a bowl with avocado, black bean and corn relish, lettuce and cucumber, top with chipotle cream and garnish with coriander and serve with lemon wedges.