Something a little different for Sunday brunch…..?
Serves: 4. Chef: Steve Roberts.
4 x 160gm fish fillets, skin on
4 field mushrooms
1 recipe creamed spinach, below
1 recipe of potato rosti, below
1 recipe of citrus mayonnaise, below
400gm spinach, washed
½ onion, finely diced
120gm cream cheese
Good pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to season
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add spinach and cook until just wilted – approximately 1 minute. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible. Coarsely chop and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add cream cheese and milk. Cook until cream cheese is melted and smooth, stirring to incorporate. Stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
2 large agria potatoes, peeled and par boiled
2 egg yolks
Handful of basil & Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Grate the potatoes into a bowl and add the egg yolks, chopped herbs, salt and black pepper and mix all ingredients to combine.
2. Form mixture into balls and flatten a little. Sauté both sides of the rosti in a hot pan with a little oil or butter and finish in the oven. Keep warm.
1 egg yolk
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp Dijon mustard
300ml light vegetable oil eg. sunflower
Salt and pepper
1. Place all ingredients except the oil in a bowl with a little seasoning and whisk.
2. Very slowly whisk in the oil, being careful not to add too much at once.
3. Adjust seasoning.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc. Place field mushrooms on an oven tray, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast until tender.
2. Season the fish fillets and pan fry skin side down until golden, turn and remove from heat to finish.
3. Arrange rosti on individual serving plates and top with the fish, then a little mayonnaise.
4. Spoon some creamed spinach on the side and top with the grilled mushroom, garnish and serve.