A rustic family favourite based on fresh tastes and textures. Nothing better than fresh brussel sprouts, crispy chickpeas and a fresh tomato salsa. Looks great, tastes better.
Chef: Mark Dronjak. Serves: 4.
500gm brussel sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and sliced in small wedges
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive oil
4 x 130gm -150gm market fresh fish fillets, skinned and boned
200gm tinned chick peas, rinsed
3 fresh vine ripened tomatoes, cut into small dice
1 tsp castor sugar
3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
Splash tomato vinegar
Salt and pepper
50gm micro leaves, garnish
1. For the Brussel sprouts; heat a suitable pan with a little olive oil and half of the butter. Add the sprouts to the pan and gently sauté. Season.
2. For the fish; add a splash of olive oil to a pan. Season the fish fillets and place into the pan for 2 – 3 minutes. Turn, remove from heat and place in a warm oven to finish. Cooking time will depend on size and number of fillets.
3. To a sauté pan or suitable saucepan add the remaining butter and a little olive oil. Add the chick peas. Sauté adding colour and season well. Take care not to burn.
4. Make the salsa; by combining the tomatoes, sugar, parsley, spring onion, tomato vinegar and a little salt and pepper.
5. To serve; spoon some salsa on a serving plate and top with the fish fillets. Place a few Brussel sprouts around the dish and garnish with a sprinkle of micro leaves.