Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
400gm market fish, skin off, bone out
2 small radishes, sliced
¼ fennel bulb, peeled
15gm wasabi paste
1 cup mayonnaise
½ lemon, zested
2 tbsp coriander, to garnish
1 red chilli, chopped, to garnish
Salt and pepper, to season
1 portion Citrus soy dressing, recipe below
Citrus Soy dressing
60ml Kikkoman light soy sauce
1 lemon, juiced
30ml rice bran oil
30ml rice vinegar
- For the dressing, crush the garlic and grate the ginger into a bowl. Now add all the wet ingredients and mix well, leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Before serving strain out the ginger and garlic then stir.
- For the fish, trim fillet (as per demonstration) and slice the fish very thin.
- Arrange the sliced fish on a plate, approximately 100gm per portion, lightly season.
- Slice the radish into discs with a sharp knife, peel the fennel and place into cold water.
- To make the wasabi mayonnaise, add wasabi paste to the mayonnaise with lemon zest. Season and mix together then place into a piping bag.
- To serve, drain the fennel and radish, dress the fish with the citrus soy dressing, shaved radish, wasabi mayonnaise and top with chilli and coriander