Post by: Jo Cooper
03 Apr 2017
Categories: Snapper Recipes
A blend of flavours matched with fresh Snapper fillets from Chef Marco Edwardes’ Asian Fusion cooking class.
Serves: 4. Chef: Marco Edwardes
480gm snapper fillets, skin on
Pinch of sugar
Seeds of ½ vanilla bean
½ large leek, washed and cut into fine julienne
1 tsp long pepper
1 tsp curry powder
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
50gm fresh coriander and mint, for garnish
1 tbsp honey
150gm fresh pineapple, cut into small cubes,
150gm rock or honeydew melon, cut into fine cubes
1 tsp madras curry powder
Lupi Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. For the salsa – place honey into a small saucepan, gently heat the honey, now add all your diced pineapple and melon, season with curry powder and salt and pepper, set aside
2. Using a small saucepan melt butter, add sugar and vanilla seeds, now add the leek julienne and sautè until soft. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Season snapper fillets with long pepper and 1 tsp curry powder. Heat a medium sized fry pan, add olive oil, when oil is hot, add seasoned snapper fillets. Sear the fish quickly until golden brown on both sides. (Don’t have the pan too hot as the spices will burn).
4. Season to taste and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice. (This is a very quick process). Take the fish out of the pan, set aside to keep warm.
5. Serve immediately, place vanilla leek as a base on the plate, arrange the fish on top and finish with the pineapple and melon salsa.
6. Garnish with a lemon wedge and fresh coriander and mint.