Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 5 mins
200gms NZ Scallops roe on, foot removed
Sea salt/ black pepper.
Lemon butter sauce
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon juiced and zested
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 loaf of artisan bread
1. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Melt 40gm butter in the pan so it starts to foam.
2. Remove the small side muscle (foot) from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
3. Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the pan in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the centre, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Make the lemon butter sauce: melt 2 tablespoons butter in the pan. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and zest; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Serve scallops immediately with lemon butter sauce, garnished with parsley and serve with artisan bread.