Chef Marco Edwardes from Te Whau Vineyards shares the perfect BBQ fish recipe served with a summer salad.
Serves: 4. Chef: Marco Edwardes
4 x 160gm snapper fillets (or other fresh white fish fillets), skin on
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp Lupi Extra Virgin olive oil
1 lemon, quartered for garnish
400gm cannellini beans (tin, rinsed)
50ml Tahini paste
50ml Lupi Extra Virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper
¼ telegraph cucumber, finely diced
1 radish, finely diced
½ courgette, finely diced
1 ripe tomato, finely diced
¼ red onion, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
3 anchovy fillets, minced
1 tsp thyme, chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
30ml Lupi Extra Virgin olive oil
1 tsp preserved lemon rind, minced
2 tbsp black & green olives, finely chopped
1 tbsp baby capers
30gm fresh basil
1. To make the puree, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Keep warm and set aside.
2. Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl. Mix together gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. Preheat a BBQ or skillet. Season the snapper fillets with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle a small amount of oil onto the fish or add the oil into the pan or skillet and fry the fish skin side down for 2 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn the fish only once and cook for a further 2 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until just cooked.
5. Place Cannellini bean purée over four plates. Top with crisp snapper.
6. Spoon over the vegetable salad and garnish with lemon wedge.