Chef Petra New created this light and refreshing marinated fish recipe in her ‘Street Food’ class at the Seafood School. You can use any type of firm white fish available.
Serves: 4. Chef: Petra New
500gm fresh tuna fillets, bite size dice (or any other firm white fish)
200ml lemon juice
½ red onion, fine dice
1 spring onion, fine slice
2 tomatoes, small dice
½ cucumber, quartered and sliced
1 can coconut milk
Salt and pepper
1. Place the fresh fish in a non-metallic bowl with the lemon juice, set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Drain off the lemon juice.
3. Mix in all the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour in the coconut milk, mix well.
5. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
6. Mix, taste and readjust the seasoning if need be and serve.