Serves 4. Recipe by Seafood School Head Chef: Paulie Hooton
3 tbsp Lupi Extra extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
500gm gurnard fillets
½ tbsp vegetable oil
Freshly ground black pepper
8 flour tortillas
1 avocado, cubed
Lime wedges, for serving
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1 tbsp honey
2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 pickled jalapeño, minced
¼ cup lime juice
3 egg yolks
1 tsp salt
1 cup Lupi extra light olive oil
1½ tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chilli powder, cumin & cayenne. Add the cod, tossing the filets in the mixture to evenly coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Finely grate rind from lime. Juice lime. Process egg yolks, salt and 1 tablespoon lime juice until frothy and combined.
- With the motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Add sweet chilli sauce and 1/2 teaspoon lime rind. Process until just combined. Serve.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, coriander, and honey. Stir in cabbage, corn and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Remove the cod from the marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper. Place the fish on the pan, flesh side down. Cook until the fish is opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for about 5 minutes before flaking the fish with a fork.
- In a large pan gently warm up tacos once warm assemble.
- To assemble tacos: Serve fish over the grilled tacos with corn slaw and avocado. Squeeze lime juice on top and garnish mayonnaise