Chef Steve Roberts brings the flavours of Thailand into this quick and flavoursome patty recipe.
Serves: 4. Chef: Steve Roberts
100gm white fish fillet, skinned & boned
300gm raw prawn meat
1 tsp Kikkoman light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1½ tsp red curry paste
2-3 kaffir lime leaves, finely diced
50gm green beans, diced
1 egg, beaten
Oil for frying or shallow frying
Banana leaf, for garnish
Cucumber dipping sauce
90gm cucumber, chopped
30gm roasted peanuts, chopped
5-6 tbsp Golden Sun sweet chilli sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine cucumber, peanuts and sweet chilli sauce, set aside
2. Add white fish to a processor and process until smooth. Chop the prawn meat and in a bowl combine fish, prawns, soy sauce, oyster sauce, curry paste, kaffir lime leaves, beans and egg. Combine well.
3. Heat oil in either a deep wok (if deep frying) or a frying pan (if shallow frying).
4. Shape mixture into patties around 1cm thick and fry in batches for around 2 minutes – if shallow frying fry 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
5. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Serve hot or at room temperature with cucumber and peanut dipping sauce on the side.