Crunchy panko crumbed seasonal fish goujons with tartare sauce and seasonal leaves – a perfect lunch or light evening meal.
Serves: 4. Chef: Marco Edwardes.
500gm white fresh fish fillets, skinned and boned
5 tbsp plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
100gm Japanese panko crumbs
Oil for frying
1. Cut the fish fillets into even sized 2cm thick strips.
2. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. Put the egg into another bowl and scatter the breadcrumbs onto a plate.
4. Toss the fish pieces in the flour to dust evenly all over, then dip them into the beaten egg and finally coat them with the breadcrumbs.
5. Pour a generous amount of oil into a deep sided frying pan until hot.
6. Fry the fish in batches for 1 – 2 minutes on each side until golden.
7. Remove and drain on paper towel. Season with a little more salt.
200ml good quality mayonnaise
1 gherkin, finely diced
2 tbsp capers, chopped
1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until evenly blended, season with salt and pepper, lemon juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
150gm mixed lettuce leaves, washed
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Toss salad leaves and vinaigrette serve with fish goujons and sauce tartare.