Chef Steve Roberts created something special for his recent Valentines Day cooking class.
Serves: 4. Chef: Steve Roberts
1 small or ½ large cauliflower, chopped
700ml Foundation Foods chicken stock
Salt and pepper, for seasoning
4 x 180gm snapper fillets, skin on, bone out
4 whole scampi
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive oil, for cooking
120gm unsalted butter
1 small sprig rosemary
¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
10gm micro leaves, to garnish
1. For the puree – place cauliflower, cream and chicken stock into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook until cauliflower is tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain the cauliflower and reserve around 50ml of the liquid.
3. Add cauliflower to a food processor with reserved liquid and 20gm butter. Process to a puree. Remove from blender, season, set aside covered to keep warm.
4. Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
5. For the scampi – butterfly the scampi and place on a roasting tray. Season and place into a hot oven, grill for 5 minutes and remove from the oven and set aside.
6. For the snapper – heat a non-stick pan. Season snapper fillets, add a little olive oil to the pan and cook snapper, skin side down, until golden and crispy, turn over and cook for one more minute, remove fish to a plate and allow to rest.
7. For the rosemary and oregano butter – add the 120gm unsalted butter to the same pan, along with rosemary and oregano. Cook around one minute until golden, remove from the heat and stir through the crushed garlic and white balsamic vinegar.
8. To serve – in 4 individual serving bowls spoon in cauliflower puree, top with snapper fillet and grilled scampi. Spoon over the butter and garnish with a few micro leaves.