This Thai style mussel salad makes a great light starter or canape at a gathering if served in lettuce cups.
- 1 kg GreenshellTM mussel meat, debearded
- 30ml of water
- 30 ml fresh lime juice (Or use homegrown cold pasteurised lime juice)
- 100g palm sugar, grounded
- 50ml fish sauce
- 60g fresh coriander
- 50g chopped shallots
- 35g fresh red chilli
- 15 g lemongrass
- 10g garlic cloves
- Prepare the lime juice marinade by mixing the water, lime juice, palm sugar and fish sauce until the palm sugar is completely dissolved
- Put the mussel meats in the marinade. Leave them in a refrigerated condition for overnight.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients. When serving, add the dry mix as a topping to the mussel meats with some marinade liquid into a serving cup/plate.