Serves 4. Recipe by Seafood School head chef: Paulie Hooton
600gm salmon fillet, skin on and bone out
50gm Black Market Spice – BBQ
¼ tsp coriander ground
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive oil, for cooking
½ lime, to serve for garnish
1 cup baby kale, to serve
Black Bean Corn Salsa
1 cup corn or fresh corn cob
½ cup black beans
¼ red onion, diced
1 tbsp pickled jalapeños
3 roma tomatoes, diced
¼ cup coriander, sliced
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp lime juice
Avocado and coriander cream
½ cup sour cream
2 tbsp basil
2 tbsp coriander
½ lime zested, ½ lime juiced
- Portion salmon into 4 even sized pieces, mix black market spice and coriander together and gently toss over salmon and dust both sides.
- For the salsa into a bowl add corn, black beans, red onion, jalapeno and tomatoes. Add in chopped coriander, garlic powder and lime juice.
- Stir all ingredients to combine. Set aside until ready for use.
- For avocado cream, place all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and season. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron or non-stick pan over a medium-high. Add salmon, skin side-down and cook 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn salmon over and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- To serve place kale in bowl along with black bean salsa, top with salmon and avocado cream and fresh lime.