The flavours of the Mediterranean work well with fresh gurnard or mullet fillets in this recipe. SO quick to prepare!
Serves: 4. Chef: John Campbell
3 gurnard or yellow eyed mullet fillets per person, skin on
1 eggplant, sliced
30ml Lupi Extra Virgin olive oil
20 olives, mixture of green, black and Kalamata
1 tbsp capers
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Brush the eggplant with a small amount of olive oil and bbq on a medium heat (or in a pan) until golden.
2. Brush the fish fillets with olive oil, season and bbq (or pan fry) for 2 minutes on both sides to allow a good colour.
3. Heat a pan with oil and sauté the olives for a couple of minutes, then add the capers and garlic.
4. Add the butter, as it browns squeeze in the lemon then add the parsley.
5. To serve, place the grilled eggplant on the plate and top with the fish then spoon over the sauce just before serving.