Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
300gm firm fish (moki, monkfish, kahawai, hoki
1 chorizo, diced
300 gm shellfish
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup green olives
1 tsp fennel seed
½ onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 cup whole peeled tomatoes, diced
1 cup tomato juice
1 lemon, quarter for garnish
- In an ovenproof pan cook chorizo for 2-3 minutes before placing in an oven at 190°C and cook for 7-9 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool then slice.
- Heat a large saucepan over a high heat, add the shellfish and white wine, cover with a lid and shake saucepan from side to side occasionally until clams begin to open (2-3 minutes). Remove opened clams, strain the juice and discard any shellfish that do not open. Set juice aside until needed.
- For the fish, heat a large pan on a medium-high heat, add olive oil and seasoned fish. Cook skin side down for 3-4 minutes and then place in the oven for another 5 minutes until cooked. Remove from oven and allow to rest.
- Heat olive oil in another large saucepan over a medium high heat, add the fennel, onion, chorizo, garlic and chilli, stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, juice and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes add reserved clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes, add reserved shellfish to warm through and toss.
- Remove fish from the oven and serve chorizo and clam sauce on top.
- Squeeze over lemon juice to taste and season.